Saturday, July 26, 2014

Called to Serve

I've been feeling a little (ok, maybe a lot) sorry for myself over the past week. I won't go into detail except to say that this talk from Elder Holland came to mind as I lay in bed tonight, unable to sleep: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2002/10/called-to-serve?lang=eng. I remember hearing this talk as a sophomore at BYU and being really impacted by it. It made me think of Dad and all of the time he devoted to his callings with the Young Men. Now I continue to be inspired by it as I support Scott in his Young Men calling. I give it two thumbs up! :)


A few of my other favorite talks on the subject of Church service:
  • President Eyring, "Bind Up Their Wounds" (Oct 2013)
  • Elder Ballard, "O Be Wise" (Oct 2006)
  • Elder Oaks, "Why Do We Serve?"(Nov 1984)
  • President Eyring, "Education for Real Life" (May 2001)
Anybody else have any faves to recommend?

2 comments:

  1. Here is another favorite: President Eyring's "Rise to Your Call" (Oct 2002)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And one more: Elder Holland's "Because of Your Faith" (Oct 2010)

    ReplyDelete